14 SAFETY MEASURES TO TAKE DURING THE LAGOS ISLAND FIGHT SAGA
LAGOS ISLAND FIGHT SAGA
Three individuals were killed and several others were injured in a leadership squabble that erupted on Thursday night among factional members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW). As the fighting factions participated in a free-for-all, several more were wounded by bullets.
The incident put a halt to businesses on Lagos Island, with vendors at Idumota and Balogun Market locking their doors to prevent getting caught up in the gunfire.
With this is in view, We at SecureTech feel saddened by this sad turn of events and would like to assist those who ply the Lagos island route and those who live around the area with safety measures to take during such chaos:
The SAFETY MEASURES INCLUDE
- Avoid going out too late at night – in these cases, you should return home between 6 and 7 p.m.
- Turn off all lights, no matter how little, if your area is under attack. Remove all jewelry off your body and wrap your phone in a towel to eliminate light reflections that might disclose your location.
- Get out of bed and lay down beneath it, away from the window, if you hear a gunshot.
- Be sure that someone is aware of where you’re going and the time you’ll be back if you’re going out. If you’re visiting a new place for the first time, try not to go alone.
- Avoid discussion on, politics, or religious issues when in public.
- Always retain call credit on your phone and make sure it’s charged, or invest in a power bank. You may need to contact someone in the case of an ATTACK or an EMERGENCY.
- If you’re being harassed, avoid making voice calls because sound travels faster and more silently at night; instead, continually ring the phone until someone answers, then hang up. All you have to do is send a text message. Make sure you’re doing this in complete darkness so your phone doesn’t reflect any light.
- In case of an attack, try not to panic… stay calm and strategize on how to escape.
- If you panic, the attackers will focus their attention on you, and you will lose track of what you need to do to protect yourself.
- Bullets travel in a straight line, thus never run towards the firing spot, and never sprint in a straight line in the other direction.
- As you leave the difficult and hazardous region, look for hard items or buildings that you might use for protection or hide in.
- Aggressive-looking People should be avoided at all costs. When you see someone or persons who are angry, don’t wait to calm them down; instead, get out of there as swiftly and silently as possible. When innocent individuals try to interfere in such circumstances, they end up losing their lives. Don’t go to the scene of an incident because you’re curious about what’s going on.
- Have some spare cash at hand at all times. If you need to utilize public transit to get out of a risky situation, you won’t need much, maybe 2k or less.
- Don’t forget to protect and safeguard your home with our numerous selections of Security Cameras and Home Automation devices to keep criminals out of your premises.
WANT A CONSULTATION? SEND A MESSAGE
Also, read 5 most popular techniques of digital biometric authentication