Here are some safety tips to guide you through this festive season…
We are close to the end of the year, and so it’s important to stay vigilant and safe daily both indoors and outdoors.
Do not say it can never happen to me. No one in this part of the world is safe. Even relatives of high profile persons in the country had been kidnapped in the past and even recently, This is because of the high level of insecurity presently.
TIPS FOR GENERAL SAFETY :
- Avoid staying out very late at night – In times like this, Between 6 and 7 p.m., you should return home.
- Always be cautious when traveling in marked cars – Be aware of the security context of the region and the time you use marked or branded vehicles to avoid kidnapping.
- If your location is under assault, turn off all lights, no matter how little. To avoid light reflections that may reveal your location, remove all jewelry from your body and wrap your phone in a towel.
- If you hear a gunshot, get out of bed and lie down flat beneath it, away from the window.
- If you’re heading out, make sure someone knows where you’re going and when you’ll be back. If it’s your first time visiting a new place, don’t go alone.
- When you’re out in public, try to avoid discussing government, political, or religious concerns.
- Endeavor to keep call credit on your phone at all times and make sure it’s charged or get a power bank. In the event of an ATTACK or an EMERGENCY, you may need to call someone.
- If you’re under assault, don’t make voice calls because sound travels quicker and more softly at night; instead, ring the phone repeatedly until someone answers, then hang up. Just send a text message. When you’re doing this, make sure you’re doing it in the dark so your phone doesn’t reflect any light.
- Don’t attend parties that you are not closely concerned or associated with the organizers.
- If you are ever attacked, remember that there are only two rules to follow.
- DO NOT PANIC
- NOT TO FORGET RULE 1
- If you panic, you will draw the attackers’ attention to yourself, and you will lose track of what you need to do to protect yourself.
- This is not the time to try on new clothes or show off your new shoes. Wear a dress and, especially, shoes that can allow you to run if you need to get out of a dangerous situation quickly.
- Bullets move in a straight path so never run towards the location of the shooting, never sprint in the opposite direction in a straight line.
- As you are leaving the troubled and dangerous area, try to identify hard objects or structures that you can use as protection where you can hide.
- Avoid arguments with People. When you notice a person or people showing anger, don’t wait to settle them instead move out of the place as quickly and quietly as you can. Innocent people end up losing their lives while trying to intervene in such kinds of situations. Don’t go to places of incidents lost in the curiosity of what’s happening. You may be unfortunate.
- Always have some spare change on hand. Not much, perhaps 2k or less in case you need to take public transportation to get out of a dangerous location.
OPEN YOUR EYES AND BE ON THE LOOKOUT.
Don’t forget to also protect yourself and your loved ones at home with our various collections of CCTV Cameras and Home Automation devices to prevent burglars from gaining access into your home.
ALWAYS REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST